|KULT OF TAURUS||
Their first full length album has shown personality and good ideas, a very good work coming from the Hellenic Black Metal scene which, for the last few years, offers constantly new remarkable works. Like that, a good start for the music journey Kult of Taurus has been done that although I don’t know if it will be long, I think though that it will be for sure notable. So, it is a good opportunity to meet the band and get some information about the members that participate in Kult of Taurus. I talked with Sarpedon, the singer and one of the two founding members of the band.
1. Hails Sarpedon. Thanks for the interview. Firstly would you like to give me some information about your journey into music until now? How did you decide to begin? Explain to me the history of your name.
2. You are active since 2007. After 7 years do you think that you have made steps forward? Are you satisfied by the evolution of the band and by your personal evolution as a musician?
3. Divination Labyrinths is my first contact with the band. I have to tell you that the work that you have done for the album is very good. Do you want to give me some information about the album, the composing, the recording and generally the entire procedure of its creation?
4. The production of the album has been done by Vicotnik. How did that collaboration become reality? Are you satisfied by the result and generally by the cooperation?
5. Your sound brought to my mind Dodheimsgard. Is DHG one of your influences? Which other bands or musical genres do you think that have influenced your sound?
6. Another part of the album that I liked a lot is the lyrics. Would you like to tell me some things about them? How do you get inspired to write them and what do you want to express through them?
7. How were the responses of the people and the press for your new album? Are you satisfied or did you expect anything different?
8. Have you begun to write material for your next release? When do you plan to have it ready? Do you want to give me some information about your new material? Will it be in the same style as Divination Labyrinths?
9. Would you like to tell me about your cooperation with Forever Plagued Records? The appearance of the cd, I mean the booklet and generally the artwork is very good. Did the label helped you with the overall production of the album or their responsibility was only the “cutting” of the cd? Are you satisfied by their support and by the promotion they do for you?
10. By what I know, you leave in Thessaloniki, correct? By the few times I have come to there, I ended up to the conclusion that the crowd there may be smaller but much more devoted and fanatic with Metal. Is that correct? How strong is Black Metal in Thessaloniki?
11. The last few years Greece is in an economic situation very bad. Do you think that this is harming the Metal scene too? How much has influenced you this situation?
By reading this answer I really got angry and I had to answer. This is my answer: “Art, as history has shown and proved uncountable times, it is connected with unbreakable bounds with the economic prosperity of a society. So when someone gives the answer above, ether he is not a member of that society ether he lives in his own world. An artist needs to pay for the studio and the rehearsals, to pay for the recording and all those needed αι for the release of an album but even more to have satisfied his basic needs (food, house etc). So in a society that economic ευημερία does not exist, hardly a musician who is not funded will achieve to offer what he wants to. In my opinion, the great artists are those who live in their time with the problems of their society and not those who have that indifferent attitude of a rock star.”
12. What is your opinion about the Black Metal scene of Greece? Are you in contact or cooperation with bands from the scene? Are there any that you support and would like to suggest me?
13. The band plays in concerts. Do you have scheduled any live gigs for the promotion of the new album and if yes where?
14. Would you like to sum up the near future plans of the band and to say something for the ending of the interview?